Fitness First was a fitness club franchise located within Maryland. The company was founded in 2008. The Chief Executive Officer and President were Peter Harvey. The first Fitness First location opened in Silver Spring, Maryland, and had locations in Bethesda, Frederick, and many other locations within Maryland. In 2013, Fitness First was acquired by Gold’s Gym.
Fitness First prided themselves on focusing on fitness. They wanted members to be able to have a gym where they would be comfortable and confident to work out in. The gym featured state-of-the-art equipment. The gyms included ellipticals, treadmills, free weights, dumbells, ropes, and more. Fitness First also offered small group training, classes, and Personal Training. With small group training, you are able to work out with other people who share similar goals. The classes are offered by experienced trainers who will still take the time to focus on each individual member in the class. They are small enough to allow the trainer to help everyone with their individual fitness goals. If you need one-on-one assistance, signing up for Personal Training would be ideal. Before your Personal Training journey begins, a skilled trainer will meet with you to understand your current health situation and your fitness goals. The trainer will come up with a fitness plan for you to follow. During your Personal Training session, the trainer will help you work hard to meet your fitness goals. Other class types offered are Yoga, Zumba, and more.
Membership pricing varies depending on membership type and location. Canceling a gym membership can be proven difficult, especially if the gyms are obsolete. We have put together a detailed how-to guide on this page. The guide includes steps that you will need to take to cancel your gym membership. Also included in the guide is all of the pieces of information you need to have handy when reaching out to the company. Please continue reading this page for more information.
To cancel or delete your account, you will need to gather this information
Date of Birth
Amount of Last Charge
Reason for Cancellation
Last 4 Digits of Card
Date of Last Charge
Using the information listed above, follow these easy steps
Method: Certified Mail
- Write a letter and request cancellation within it. Provide all of your account info as listed. Sign and date the letter and keep a copy for your records.
- Send your letter via certified mail to the address provided to you by the gym
- Dial the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently after your letter is received to ensure your account is cancelled
- Ask the representative for a confirmation number or email
- Keep your confirmation number or email as proof that you cancelled your account
Method: Phone (Live Agent)
- Dial the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently
- Ask the representative how to cancel your account
- Provide your account information when requested
- Ask if you are in a contract or free to cancel
- If asked to send a letter follow our instructions to do so!
Here’s some additional helpful information about Fitness First
Address 2: 7430 New Technology Way Suite B
Zip/Postal Code: 21703
Country: United States